All of the following materials must be submitted before your application will be reviewed by the admissions committee:
- The completed application form;
- Minimum of three letters of recommendation;
- Uploaded official/unofficial copies of transcripts. We will require official transcripts upon admission;
*For POM MicroMasters candidates input your classes and EDx record of performance as a transcript, and request it to be sent through your EdX account portal as well.)
- Self-report GRE results – general test only. Please ask ETS to send the official GRE scores to us. Inst. code 3514, Dept. code 1502.
*Not required for December 15, 2020 application;
- IELTS (preferred) or TOEFL for international students whose native language is not English. Minimum acceptable score for IELTS = 7.0; TOEFL = 100 IBT, 233 CBT, 577 PBT;
- You may also submit additional electronic portfolios of design or manufacturing projects by referencing them in your essay and CV. However, they are not required.
Applications to the MEng program will be accepted online only. Please note the application deadline for the Master of Engienering in Advanced Manufacturing and Design is December 15, the same as the other MIT Mechanical Engineering graduate degrees.